Ever since we posted a picture of this delicious dish on Instagram, we've had lots of emails from you, our @thebeautychef followers and lovely Beauty Chef customers, asking us for the recipe. And with turmeric as our key ingredient this month, there's never been a better time to share this winter warmer.
For the chicken and coconut balls
- 500g organic chicken, minced
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked in filtered water
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 bunch coriander finely chopped (roots included)
- 1 cm piece ginger, grated finely
- 1 big garlic clove grated (or 2 small)
- Sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, couple of pinches
For the turmeric and kaffir-lime-spiced broth
- 1 litre chicken stock, made using filtered water
- 400g can of coconut cream
- 1cm piece fresh turmeric, grated
- 1 piece ginger, sliced
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, bruised and torn
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- Sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- 1 fresh red chilli
- Bean shoots
- Thai basil
- Rice noodles, optional
Combine all chicken and coconut ball ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands until well combined.
Roll mixture into balls, using a heaped tablespoon as a size guide and set aside.
For the broth, add chicken stock and coconut cream to saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir in turmeric, kaffir lime, maple syrup, salt and ginger slices and simmer for 15 minutes. Add chicken and coconut balls and poach in broth until cooked through.
Ladle broth and balls into a bowl and serve with fresh chilli, bean sprouts, mint, basil and coriander on top. For a more filling meal, add cooked rice noodles.