Sweet Potato, Quinoa & Collagen Bliss Balls
A savoury twist on a classic snack...
While traditional energy balls or bliss balls are often sweet, these savoury beauties are sugar-free, gluten-free and dairy-free—and contain a skin-loving secret. Antioxidant and vitamin A-rich sweet potatoes, protein-packed quinoa and healthy fats from creamy almond butter make for the perfect satiating combo—while the addition of our DEEP COLLAGEN marine collagen powder helps to further nurture your gut health and firm your skin from the inside out. The collagen peptides in DEEP COLLAGEN help boost skin elasticity, hydration and collagen density, making this revolutionary formula the perfect beauty—and kitchen—companion.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150g peeled roasted sweet potato (approx. ½ small sweet potato)
- ⅔ cup almond meal
- ⅔ cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1½ tablespoons DEEP COLLAGEN Inner Beauty Support
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over low-medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic, until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Place the sweet potato in a medium bowl and using the back of a fork or a potato masher, mash until smooth. Add the almond meal, quinoa, yeast flakes, DEEP COLLAGEN powder, almond butter and sweet paprika and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using damp hands, roll the sweet potato mixture into walnut-sized balls and set onto a large plate. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the white and black sesame seeds together in a small frying pan, until the white seeds are golden. Transfer into a wide bowl and set aside to cool. Once cooled add the hemp seeds and stir to combine.
- Toss and coat the sweet potato balls in the sesame and hemp mixture, pressing to secure.
- Eat immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.