- 1 cup (100 g) almond meal
- 1 scoop Vanilla BODY Inner Beauty Powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Finely grated zest of 2 organic unwaxed lemons
- Pinch Himalayan salt
Cacao sauce & Matcha 'Icing'
- 1/ 4 cup (60 g) coconut butter, melted
- 1/ 8 teaspoon matcha powder, plus extra for sprinkling
- To make the shortbreads, combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Using your hands, rub the mixture together, until coarse crumbs form. Knead to compact and bind together.
- Press and roll the mixture out between two sheets of baking paper, to approximately 5 mm thick. Transfer onto a baking tray and refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until firm.
- Meanwhile to make the matcha icing, half fill a small saucepan with water and bring to the simmer. Place the coconut butter in a small heatproof bowl. Take the pan off the heat and set the bowl over the top. Leave for 10 minutes, or until the coconut butter is warm and softened. Add the matcha powder and stir to combine.
- Using a 5 cm round cutter, stamp out rounds. Re-roll scraps and repeat until you have fifteen rounds. Transfer onto a tray.
- Spoon and spread 1 teaspoon of icing on top of the shortbreads. While the icing is still warm sprinkle with a little additional matcha powder, to decorate.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes, or until set.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Visit The Digest for more beauty and wellbeing inspiration.