Gut-Loving Tropical Mousse
By Carla Oates
We've developed the tastiest low-FODMAP mousse that really hits the spot.
Containing GUT PRIMER Inner Beauty Support, this moreish mousse helps to soothe your belly as well as satisfy. It includes collagen-rich gelatin—to further nourish your gut—as well as passionfruit, which are rich in skin-loving antioxidants that help to protect you from damaging free radicals.
- 1½ tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon grass-fed gelatin
- ½ cup (125mL) strained freshly squeezed orange juice (Approx. 2 medium oranges)
- 2 passionfruit, pulped, strained and juice reserved
- 1 ½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup (125g) unsweetened coconut yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons GUT PRIMER Inner Beauty Support
- Sliced strawberry or fresh raspberries, to serve
- Toasted shredded or flaked coconut, to serve
- Pour the cold water into a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatin. Set aside for 5 minutes, to bloom, or until softened.
- Heat half of the orange juice in a small saucepan over a low heat. Once hot (not boiling), remove from the heat, add the softened gelatin and stir until dissolved and combined. Pour in the remaining orange juice, passionfruit juice, lime juice and maple syrup and stir to combine. Whisk in the coconut yoghurt, until combined. Add the GUT PRIMER and stir, rubbing the powder against the bowl with the back of a spoon, to smooth out any lumps, until combined.
- Pour into two small serving bowls and set on a small tray. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set to the touch, but still with a slight wobble.
- Serve topped with a dollop of coconut yoghurt, sliced strawberry or raspberries and toasted coconut.
- NOTE: These can be made a day or two ahead and make for a delicious breakfast or snack anytime of the day. They will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.