Wholesome, nutty and seriously satisfying, these moreish granola bars are the perfect beauty-boosting snack...
Quite unlike anything you’d find on the supermarket shelves, these nutrient-rich granola bars are a veritable skin food. The addition of GLOW Inner Beauty Essential, our bio-fermented beauty supplement, provides a delicious dose of skin-protective antioxidants, while the complex blend of nuts and seeds is a great source of fibre to support a healthy microbiome and provides a satisfying dose of healthy fats.
180g almond butter
150ml coconut oil
1½ tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp GLOW Inner Beauty Essential
1 cup (12g) puffed buckwheat
¾ cup (55 g) shredded coconut
1/3 cup (55 g) dried blueberries (free from sulphur, preservatives and added sugar)
1/3 cup (35 g) dried goji berries
1 tbsp ground linseeds
1½ cups mixed nuts, such as:
Pecans, coarsely chopped
Brazil nuts, coarsely chopped
Almonds, coarsely chopped
Macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Pistachios, coarsely chopped
½ cup mixed seeds, such as:
- Lightly grease and line a baking tin (24 x 15 x 3.5cm) with baking paper.
- Melt the almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat. Set aside to cool, but not set.
Combine the buckwheat, coconut, dried blueberries, goji berries and linseeds in a medium bowl. Add 1½ cups of mixed nuts. Add ½ cup of mixed seeds. Stir to combine.
- Add GLOW powder to the cooled almond butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Spoon into the prepared tin. Using the back of a spoon, press and firmly pack the mixture, to make an even layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until set firm."
- Cut into sixteen bars. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.