June, 2016 // recipes
These mouth-watering sweet treats are packed with beauty and health-boosting ingredients.
Coconut cream is a rich source of B vitamins, to help support energy levels and nerves; skin repairer vitamin E, and essential minerals including anti-ageing selenium that is deficient in Australian soils.
Avocados are rich in anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats, while both avocados and bananas supply super-antioxidant Vitamin C, to encourage tissue growth and repair. Dates provide essential calcium and iron as well as collagen-building manganese.
The final touch – cacao, an Amazonian superfood with 40 times the antioxidant of blueberries – and The Beauty Chef’s Chocolate BODY Inner Beauty Powder to shore up gut health and enrich deliciousness.
– makes 3 cups (serves 6)
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/ 2 cup (125 ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut cream
- 1 medium avocado, halved, stone removed & flesh scooped out
- 1 medium very ripe banana, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/ 2 cup (50 g) cacao powder
- 2 scoops Chocolate BODY Inner Beauty Powder
- finely grated zest of 1 organic unwaxed orange
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs, to decorate
- Soak dates in the boiling water for 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Place the dates and any remaining liquid in a high-speed blender. Add the coconut cream, avocado, banana and maple syrup. Blend to combine.
- Add the cacao powder, TBC Chocolate BODY Powder and orange zest. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon mousse into six 1/ 2 cup (125 ml) capacity serving cups or ramekins. Scatter with cacao nibs.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, to set slightly.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Visit The Digest for more beauty and wellbeing inspiration.
BODY Inner Beauty Support™
The ultimate protein and wellness powder to rebalance your body.