Athena Calderone’s Coconut COLLAGEN Panna Cotta
Did you catch Athena Calderone, creator of EyeSwoon, and Carla on Instagram Live? They talked all things collagen—its importance for plump, healthy skin and overall wellbeing, how to protect against collagen degradation and ways to support your body's natural collagen production.
“The panna cotta recipe I developed for Cook Beautiful included heavy cream and greek yogurt but as you know, I’ve been engaged in a gut and skin health journey with The Beauty Chef these past three months so, I decided to explore a dairy-free version of my favorite dessert,” says Athena. “This time I used coconut cream and coconut yogurt as the base and after chatting with The Beauty Chef founder and CEO, Carla Oates, I was inspired to include her COLLAGEN Inner Beauty Boost.”
“Truthfully, I was blown away at the results—silky, decadent, and as delicious (if not more) than my original recipe. But the greatest boost (pun intended) is the berry-flavored COLLAGEN elixir. Its powerful nutrients nurture our bodies by enhancing collagen production naturally while also supporting our overall gut health and wellbeing! I’d say that’s a delicious trifecta of goodness—SKIN, GUT, and GLOW!”
- 3 teaspoons powdered, unflavored gelatin
- 2.5 T water
- 2 cups with coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise, seeds scraped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/ 3 cup COLLAGEN Inner Beauty Boost
- 1 pint blackberries, smashed and with a drizzle of COLLAGEN
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over 2.5 tablespoons water and let stand to soften and dissolve.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla bean and seeds, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then remove the saucepan from heat.
- Stir in the gelatin until fully dissolved. Add the coconut yogurt, whisking gently until combined and let cool. Lastly, add COLLAGEN Inner Beauty Boost.
- Divide the mixture between six coupe glasses (or ramekins) and cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- Serve garnished with smashed blackberries.