Roasted Capsicum & Walnut Dip
Unlike most store-bought varieties, you won’t find any artificial ingredients or preservatives in this wholesome blend. Capsicum is an excellent source of anti-inflammatory flavonoids and vitamin C, while walnuts boast a beneficial combination of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids to nourish your skin from the inside out.
This delicious dip is just one of the recipes you will find in our FREE Guide to Healthy Snacking eBook and it can be made sans garlic for sensitive bellies and is perfect when paired with the Buckwheat, Hemp and Nori Crackers. Alternatively, you can chop up some carrot, celery and cucumber sticks to boost your daily veggie intake!
- ½ medjool date
- ¾ cup (80g) walnuts
- 150g (approx. 1½) roasted red capsicums
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ garlic clove, crushed (omit for a low-FODMAP option)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika, plus extra for sprinkling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the medjool date in a small bowl and cover with just-boiled water. Set aside for 5 minutes, or until softened. Drain.
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and pulse, to coarsely chop. Transfer into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients, including the date, in the food processor and blend until the capsicum is coarsely chopped. Add the walnuts and pulse to combine, but maintain a slightly chunky consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika.