By Carla Oates
Not only is it easy to make, but with the addition of our GUT PRIMER Inner Beauty Support, this refreshing strawberry sorbet also works to support a healthy digestive system. Our restorative powder is rich in soothing ingredients—including slippery elm and milk thistle—which have been traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to help treat leaky gut and repair the delicate gut lining, as well as anti-inflammatory turmeric and zinc which supports skin health and immune function.
- 250g frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons GUT PRIMER Inner Beauty Support
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend, scraping down the sides occasionally, until smooth. Note that if you’re not using a high-speed blender, it’s best to thaw the strawberries at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly before blending.
- Serve immediately as a soft sorbet, or freeze for 2–3 hours for a firmer consistency.
- Any remaining sorbet can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 1 month. It freezes hard so either stand at room temperature to soften slightly before serving, or coarsely chop and re-blend in a high-speed blender, until smooth.
- NOTE: This can be made as a double batch and frozen in large silicone ice cube moulds. Silicone moulds make it super easy to pop out a small serve as a gut-soothing treat!