- 1 1/ 4 cups (180 g) raw cashews, soaked in cold water overnight
- 2 cups (300 g) fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- 3/ 4 cup (180 ml) full fat coconut cream
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, warmed
- 1 tablespoon TBC GLOW powder
- 1 cup (150 g) buckwheat flour
- 1 cup (100 g) desiccated coconut
- 1/ 3 cup (35 g) cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons ground linseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch himalayan salt
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/ 3 cup (80 g) nut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Lightly grease and line a 25 x 16 cm (base measurement) x 3 cm deep tray with baking paper.
- To prepare the brownie mixture, combine the buckwheat flour, desiccated coconut, cacao powder, ground linseed, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- Place the dates, nut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and blend briefly, until it begins to bind together. Transfer into the bowl and knead until compacted together.
- Press half of the brownie mixture into the base of the tray. Smooth over with the back of a spoon to compact down. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until set firm.
- Press and roll the remaining mixture out between two sheets of baking paper, to the same size as the base of the tray. Transfer on the baking paper onto a tray. Refrigerate until required.
- To prepare the ice cream, drain and rinse the cashews. Place the cashews and the remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Pour over the set base. Freeze for 3–4 hours, until set firm.
- Slide the rolled out brownie on top of the set ice cream. Press to secure. Cover and freeze for a further 1 hour, or until set firm.
- Slice into sixteen ice cream sandwich fingers.
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Visit The Digest for more beauty and wellbeing inspiration.