Athena Calderone’s Granola with GLOW Compote
Following Carla’s appearance on Athena Calderone’s podcast, More Than One Thing, and their Instagram live chat, Athena has created a delicious new recipe: Coconut Yogurt with GLOW Blueberry Compote and Buckwheat Granola.
“Today marks the beginning of something completely new for me—my exploration with gut health,” Athena says. “This is also the first time I am sharing a breakfast recipe AND one that is both dairy-free, gluten-free, and includes GLOW—an innovative inner beauty powder from The Beauty Chef that’s packed with prebiotics, probiotics, and postbiotics.”
“I love nothing more than to learn and educate myself on something as important as gut health and digestion but I also love to teach and share that knowledge, too,” she says. In the latest episode of #eyeswoonunplugged, she “drizzles the most delicious blueberry GLOW compote over creamy coconut yogurt with a sprinkle of buckwheat, coconut and seed granola. Yum!” We couldn’t agree more!
- Buckwheat Coconut & Seed Granola
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- A pinch of flaky Himalayan sea salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Blueberry GLOW Compote
- 1 cup organic blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon GLOW Inner Beauty Essential
- Coconut Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 175°C/350° F
- In a large bowl, stir the buckwheat with the seeds, nuts, coconut flakes, ground cinnamon, ground ginger and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana and dates with a fork. Add to the buckwheat mixture along with coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Spread across a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until golden brown. Let cool.
- For the Blueberry GLOW Compote. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir.
- Let sit at room temperature until berries are soft and release their liquid.
- Spoon yogurt into a bowl and give it a swirl. Spoon the blueberry GLOW compote atop and sprinkle with granola.