January, 2019 // recipes
These cute curd cups are full of skin-loving healthy fats as well as our super-greens blend, CLEANSE Inner Beauty Powder.
For the base:
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup macadamias, coarsely chopped
- tablespoon CLEANSE Inner Beauty Powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin coconut oil/span>
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the curd:
- 4 large organic egg yolks
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 100mL freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained
- 60g unsalted cultured butter, cubed
- Lightly grease a mini cupcake tin with coconut oil. Refrigerate.
- To prepare the base, place the almond meal, coconut, macadamias and CLEANSE powder in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the coconut butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan and gently heat over low, until melted.
- Add the melted coconut mixture, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir until mixture begins to bind together.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared cupcake holes and press to line the base and sides. Freeze for 45 minutes, or until firm.
- Meanwhile, to make the curd, place all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan and set over a low heat. Stirring continuously, cook for 10–15 minutes, until thickened. Transfer into a bowl. Cover the surface with a piece of baking paper and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until cooled.
- Spoon the curd into a piping bag with a large plain nozzle and pipe into prepared bases.
- Serve immediately. These will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Visit The Digest for more beauty and wellbeing inspiration.
CLEANSE Inner Beauty Powder
Congested skin? In need of a cleanse? Add our super-greens blend to your Inner Beauty Routine™.