Serve up this chilled summer treat for a refreshing beauty and wellness boost.
Supercharged with ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost, this recipe is not only cool and delicious but loaded with digestive enzymes and gut-boosting probiotics which help to repair and rejuvenate skin and boost overall skin radiance.
Turmeric, which contains curcumin, has been shown to have potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal activities. Another key ingredient, ginger, helps reduce inflammation and soothe digestion.
– serves 4
- 500g peeled & cored pineapple, cut into chunks
- 4cm knob ginger, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 4cm knob turmeric, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, peeled
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut water, plus extra to top up, if required
- 1/ 3 cup (80ml) ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost
- Put the pineapple, ginger, turmeric and lime through a slow-press juicer.
- Add the coconut water and ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost and stir to combine. Top up with additional coconut water, if necessary, to make 3 cups (750ml) of liquid.
- Pour into a small shallow tray.
- Freeze for 1–2 hours, until frozen around the edges. Remove from the freezer and mix in the frozen edges. Return to the freezer.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer every 30 minutes or so and mix it up. Once all of the liquid begins to freeze, use a fork to drag and scrape the mixture and break it up into small ice crystals. Repeat this over 3 hours, or until mixture is fully frozen into delicate ice crystals.
- To serve, scoop into serving glasses or bowls.
Visit The Digest for more beauty and wellbeing inspiration.