Have your dessert and beautiful skin too with this delicious dairy-free recipe, rich in belly-boosting ingredients including prebiotics, probiotics and nutrients from wholefoods.
Blackberries are loaded with soluble and insoluble fibre for optimum gut health and they blend perfectly with both the flavours and digestive benefits of banana and coconut.
With the added goodness of GLOW Inner Beauty Powder – which combines a blend of Certified Organic, naturally bio-fermented, probiotic ingredients to nourish and enhance skin, from the inside out – this delicious dessert will keep your sweet tooth satisfied while providing lots of health and beauty benefits.
Glow “nice” cream:
- 1/ 3 cup (65g) xylitol
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 frozen peeled bananas, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon GLOW Inner Beauty Powder
- 250g frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons xylitol
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/ 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons GLOW Inner Beauty Powder
- To prepare the blackberry ripple, place the blackberries and xylitol in a medium saucepan and set over low-medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until xylitol dissolves and berries soften and release their juice.
- Add the coconut oil and vanilla and stir to melt and combine. Transfer half of the blackberry mixture into a food processor or blender. Blend to make a smooth sauce.
- Return to pan with the remaining mixture and stir to combine. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, add the GLOW powder and stir to combine.
- To prepare the glow “nice” cream, place the xylitol, 1/ 4 cup (60ml) of the coconut cream and coconut oil in a small saucepan and set over low heat for 5 minutes, until xylitol dissolves. Remove from the heat. Add the remaining coconut cream and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Place the bananas and GLOW powder in a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until creamy. With the motor running gradually pour in the coconut cream mixture, blending until combined.
- Pour the glow “nice” cream into a 20 x 10cm loaf tin.
- Drop spoonfuls of the blackberry ripple mixture on top (it will sink slightly into the nice cream mixture) to form two lengthways rows of four blackberry spots.
- Drag a butter knife through the blackberry ripple dots and into the nice cream mixture going down the length of the pan in a S-shaped pattern, to create a ripple effect. Cover surface of ice cream with a piece of baking paper and wrap in cling film. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight, until firm.
- To serve, stand ice cream at room temperature for 20–30 minutes, or until softened slightly. Heat an ice-cream scoop or tablespoon in boiling water. Scoop ice cream and place in a serving bowl.
For more recipe inspiration, visit The Digest.