Whenever I need a healthy boost, I turn to this enzyme rich salad. Not only is it packed with plant nutrients, needed for maintaining skin health, but also it is a great dish for boosting energy levels. The nutrients packed into beetroot and fennel support skin health as well as help remove toxins from the body. Tahini is a formidable skin food made from sesame seeds, packed with vitamin E and anti-inflammatory magnesium, helpful for skin conditions such as eczema and acne. Sprouting or soaking buckwheat helps you digest food more easily and enhances the nutritional value of a meal, boosting it from a superfood to a super-superfood!
- To sprout the buckwheat, rinse in a sieve under cold running water, soak in a bowl of filtered water for 2 hours, transfer to a fine sieve, rinse well with filtered water until there is no sliminess, then place over a bowl.
- Spread buckwheat up the sides of the sieve, cover with plastic wrap and stand at room temperature until sprouted (1-2 days, rinsing twice a day with buckwheat spread up sides of sieve each time). You can also use cooked buckwheat that has cooled.
- To make the tahini feta, process all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth, season to taste and refrigerate until required (this can be made several days ahead).
- Combine the lemon juice and garlic in a bowl and stand for a few minutes until garlic softens. whisk in oil and sumac and season to taste.
- Combine the sprouted buckwheat in a large bowl with beetroot, carrot, fennel and reserved fronds, herbs, spring onion and almonds, drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. t
- To serve, spread some tahini feta on a platter, pile salad on top and drizzle with extra dressing.
For more inner beauty recipes, click here.