- MAKES 12
If you’re searching for a satiating mid-afternoon snack, these miso and vanilla nougat balls are the perfect combination of salty and sweet – with the gut-nourishing addition of our protein and wellness powder, BODY.
- 100mL warmed coconut butter
- 1/3 cup (80mL) boiling water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 scoop vanilla BODY Inner Beauty Support
- 2 tablespoons shiro (white) miso paste, or to taste
- 1/4 cup (25g) flaked almonds
For the raw chocolate:
- 35g cacao butter
- 35g cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- Place the coconut butter, boiling water, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together until smooth and cooled to room temperature. Add the BODY Inner Beauty Support and miso paste and stir until smooth. Add the flaked almonds and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until firm enough to roll.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll mixture into 12 walnut-sized balls and place on the lined tray. Refrigerate for a further 15 minutes, or until chilled slightly.
- To prepare the chocolate coating, half-fill a small saucepan with water and bring to the simmer. Place all of the ingredients in a heatproof bowl. Take the pan off the heat and set the bowl over the top. Ensure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Leave for 5 minutes, or until the cacao butter and coconut oil melt. Stir to combine.
- Place the balls, one at a time, in the raw chocolate, rolling them around to coat evenly. Using two forks, lift the balls out of the chocolate and allow any excess to drip off. Place the balls back onto the lined tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Visit The Digest for more beauty and wellbeing inspiration.