Treat your self over summer with this gluten & dairy free wholefood ‘cheesecake’, supercharged with The Beauty Chef’s ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost.
- 1/ 2 cup (75g) raw macadamias
- 1/ 2 cup (50g) desiccated coconut
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, warmed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, warmedr
- 1/ 4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/ 4 cup (60ml) cold water
- 4 teaspoons grass-fed powdered gelatine
- 1/ 2 cup (125ml) full fat coconut cream
- 1 cup (150g) raw cashews, soaked in cold water overnigh
- 1 medium-large ripe mango, flesh cut away from the stone & coarsely chopped (approx 300g of flesh)
- 1/ 4 cup (60ml) ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost
- 1 lime, zest finely grated & juiced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, warmed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons grass-fed powdered gelatine
- 6 passionfruit, plus extra 3 to serve
- 2 tablespoons ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Lightly grease and line the base and sides of a 16cm springform tin with baking paper.
- To prepare the base, spread the macadamias onto a small tray and roast for 5–10 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Place the cooled macadamias and the remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend to combine and coarsely chop the macadamias. The macadamias should still have some texture. Press into the base of the prepared tin. Smooth over with the back of a spoon to compact down. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until set firm.
- To prepare the mango filling, pour the water into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over the surface in an even layer. Set aside for 10 minutes, to soften.
- Gently heat the coconut cream in a small saucepan, until hot. Add the softened gelatine and stir to combine. Set aside to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent from setting.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Combine the cashews, cooled gelatine cream and remaining ingredients in a high-speed food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the base. Tap the base firmly on the bench to remove any air bubbles. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until beginning to set.
- To prepare the passionfruit topping, pour the water into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over the surface in an even layer. Set aside for 10 minutes, to soften.
- Scoop out the passionfruit pulp and strain through a fine-mesh sieve. You should end up with approximately 100ml of passionfruit juice. Discard the seeds.
- Gently heat the passionfruit juice in a small saucepan, until hot. Add the softened gelatine and stir to combine. Set aside to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent from setting.
- Add ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost to the cooled passionfruit mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour over the cheesecake filling. Refrigerate for a further 2 hours, or until completely set.
Slice and serve drizzled with passionfruit pulp
Vegetarian version – omit the gelatine and freeze at each stage to set.
Remove from the refrigerator for 10–15 minutes, (depending on the temperature of the room) to soften slightly before serving.
Cheesecake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. .
Visit The Digest for more beauty and wellbeing inspiration.