August, 2018 // recipes
This health-giving bowl is fibre-rich, vitamin-rich, antioxidant-rich, lipid-rich and full of skin- protective and glow-giving minerals selenium, copper and zinc, plus it has the added boost of GLOW Inner Beauty Powder with pre- and probiotics to keep your gut happy and skin radiant.
- 125g frozen blueberries
- 100g frozen unsweetened açai pulp, coarsely chopped
- 1 very ripe frozen banana, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup (125g) coconut kefir or natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons GLOW Inner Beauty Powder, optional
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons cacao nibs*
- 1 small ripe banana, peeled and sliced 6-10 fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons granola
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen (not suitable for those with bee allergies)
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds (optional)
- To make the smoothie, blend the blueberries, açai, banana, kefir or yoghurt and GLOW powder (if using), cinnamon, chia seeds and cacao nibs in a high-speed blender, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the smoothie into two wide shallow serving bowls. Decorate with toppings. Eat immediately
NOTE: The topping ingredients can be substituted according to personal taste or availability.
Glow Inner Beauty Powder™
Your daily probiotic beauty essential – for glowing skin and a healthy belly.