- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/ 2 cup (125 ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (150 g) black sesame seeds
- 1/ 2 cup (75 g) sunflower seeds
- 1/ 3 cup (35 g) cacao powder
- 1/ 4 cup (25 g) desiccated coconut
- 2 scoops Chocolate BODY Inner Beauty Powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- pinch Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs, for decorating
- 1/ 4 cup (25 g) cacao powder
- 25 g cacao butter, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrupr
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- Soak dates in the boiling water for 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Meanwhile lightly toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan over low-medium heat for 2 minutes, or until they begin to smell nutty. Set aside to cool.
- Place the cooled sesame seeds and sunflower seeds in a high-speed blender. Blend to finely ground. Add the cacao powder, coconut, TBC chocolate BODY powder, chia seeds, vanilla and salt and blend to combine. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Place the softened dates and any remaining liquid, coconut butter and maple syrup in the high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Add the dry mixture and blend briefly, until mixture begins to come together.
- Transfer back in the bowl and mix well to combine.
- Place the mixture on a large piece of baking paper. Press and shape into a compact square. Cover with another sheet of baking paper. Roll out to make an approximately 2 cm thick square. Trim the edges.
- Leave on the baking paper and transfer onto a tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Meanwhile to make the raw chocolate, half fill a small saucepan with water and bring to the simmer. Place all of the ingredients in a heatproof bowl. Take the pan off the heat and set the bowl over the top. Ensure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Leave for 5 minutes, or until the cacao butter and coconut oil melts. Stir to combine.
- Cut the set chocolate and black sesame mixture into sixteen squares.
- Dip a corner of the squares on the diagonal into the chocolate. Use a knife to spread and coat half of the square making a defined diagonal line. Place back on the tray.
- Sprinkle cacao nibs on the chocolate-coated top, to decorate.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Alternatively, freeze for up to 3 months.
Visit The Digest for more beauty and wellbeing inspiration.