Nourish yourself with this beautiful smoothie, brimming with antioxidants.
Antioxidants are the good guys that fight health and skin-damaging free radicals, generated by everything from pollution and stress to the air we breathe and the food we eat. Wild blueberries are super high on the antioxidant scale - half a cup has an antioxidant capacity of 6,713. While fibre-rich pears are also a great source of these premature-ageing-preventers, as well as anti-inflammatory flavonoids. Marshmallow root powder soothes digestion so it’s perfect for a happy belly and that means clear, glowing skin.
Plus a serve of ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost, our bio-fermented, probiotic concentrate, gives this yummy smoothie extra power to help prevent and repair cellular ageing.
– serves 1 (makes 1 cup)
- 1/ 2 cup (70 g) frozen blueberries
- 1/ 2 ripe pear, coarsely chopped
- 1/ 3 cup (80 ml) coconut milk
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon marshmallow root powder
- 1 tablespoon ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost
- 1/ 2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon edible lavender flowers
- Place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
Visit The Digest for more beauty and wellbeing inspiration.