To keep winter bugs at bay, it’s important to look after your body from the inside out. Here are 5 easy ways to ensure you stay well through the colder months:
- Drink plenty of purified water. Water helps carry both nutrients to the cells of the body as well as disease fighting white blood cells throughout the body.
- Beauty sleep. Your body rejuvenates and strengthens when it is at rest and studies show that our immune fighting t-cells go down if we are sleep deprived and our inflammatory cytokines go up: making slumber super important for a strong, healthy body.
- Eat a variety of fresh whole foods. Rich in vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, phyto-nutrients and proteins, they work synergistically to keep your body in balance.
- Exercise daily. Exercise helps jump start the immune system and therefore the body's defense against infections. One study reported in the American Journal of Medicine showed that women who walked for half an hour a day for one year had half the number of colds as women who didn't exercise.
- Supercharge your daily routine. Add a daily dose of The Beauty Chef’s CLEANSE and ANTIOXIDANT, rich in whole foods, super greens, probiotics and prebiotics. Around 70% of our immune system is found in our gut, so a healthy dose of good bacteria is essential for boosting immunity. This potent combination will have you fighting fit. Studies carried out by Southern Cross University found that our Antioxidant Inner Beauty Boost formula boasts higher natural killer cell activity than a standard olive leaf extract.