As promised here are the recipes from the Sustain Expo.
Reversible Green Mask (reversible as you can drink it and also put it on your skin; plus it helps to reverse skin damage).
- Superfood for the skin inside and out.
- Rich in anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids and enzymes;
If possible start your day by consuming this nutrient rich skin and health booster. Drink half of it, then add some citrus pectin to the other half (sprinkle 2 tsp of pectin to 100ml of juice and whisk to form a gel like consistency) and use as a topical super mask. Put leftovers in ice cube containers and thaw as needed.
- 1-2 kale leaves
- 2 broccoli trees
- 1 egg yolk (raw egg white robs the body of biotin, so use the egg white as a firming protein treatment for the skin topically)
- 1/4 tsp linseeds and/or chia seeds
- 1/2 cup papaya
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1/2 lemon peeled
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 tsp manuka honey
- water and ice to desired consistency and temperature
Blend together, drink half, then make the other half into a mask mixture. If using topically, apply to a clean complexion; leave for ten minutes and then remove with warm water and a cotton cloth. For those using a normal blender ( I use a vitamix that liquifies everything) you may need to grind the seeds before adding them to the smoothie.
Papaya, Strawberry and Lime Refining Mask 2 tbsp of papaya juice 2 tbsps of strawberry juice 1 tsp lime juice 11/2 tsp citrus pectin Mix juices together well and slowly whisk in the citrus pectin to make a gel like consistency.
Apply to a clean complexion and leave for ten minutes. Remove with warm water and cotton cloth.
Patchouli, Rose and Lavender Everything Balm
A beautiful, nutrient rich balm that can be used topically as a cleanser, moisturiser and all round healing balm.
- 15g beeswax
- 10g cocoa butter
- 70g calendula infused oil (or other vegetable or nut oil)
- 5 drops patchouli essential oil
- 7 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops rose essential oil
Method: In a bain marie, melt all the ingredients except for the essential oils. Once cooled a little add the essential oils, mix well and pour into jars.
Caution: keep essential oils out of reach of children.
Fresh Coffee “Glow”
Body Scrub A delicious body scrub to slough off dead skin cells and leave the skin soft and rejuvenated. Coffee is excellent for stimulating and decongesting the skin on the thighs and bottom! the essential oils are optional. This is for topical only, not to be ingested.
- 230g Raw sugar
- 125g Sweet almond oil Vitamin E (optional up to 1%)
- 15g Freshly ground coffee (add more if you’d like it to be richer)
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops Ylang ylang essential oil
- 2.5ml Vanilla essential oil
- 1.5ml Sweet orange essential oil
Place in an airtight jar. To use: massage a tbsp or two into congested areas of the body.
Caution: Be careful as this recipe can make the shower recess very slippery! Keep essential oils out of reach of children.